Book Tour & Giveaway (US/Int): A special sneak peek into the next Guardians of Eternity book!
Please help me welcome Guardians of Eternity series author Alexandra Ivy for this special sneak peek!
by Alexandra Ivy
Styx was fairly certain that hell had frozen over.
Nothing else could explain the fact that in the past year he’d become the Anasso (King of all Vampires), moved from his dank caves into a behemoth of a mansion that contained acres of marble, crystal and gilt, gilt for christ’s sake, and mated with a pureblooded Were who also happened to be a vegetarian.
Then, as if fate hadn’t had enough laughs at his expense, he’d been in an epic battle against the Dark Lord which meant he’d been forced to make allies out of former enemies.
Including the King of Weres, Salvatore, who was currently drinking Styx’s finest brandy as he smoothed a hand down his impeccable Gucci suit.
Of course, if it wasn’t for the fact that their mates happened to be sisters, he would never have allowed the bastard over his doorstep, he pacified his battered pride. His own mate, Darcy, was very…insistent that she be allowed to spend time with Harley who was growing heavy with her first pregnancy.
Or was it litter?
Either way, Styx and Salvatore were forced to play nice.
Not an easy task for two uber-alphas who’d been opponents for centuries.
Settling his six foot plus frame in a chair beside the windows that overlooked the moon-drenched gardens, Styx waited for his companion to finish his drink.
As always, Salvatore looked more like a sophisticated mob boss than the King of Weres. His dark hair was pulled to a tail at his nape and his elegant features cleanly shaved. Only the feral heat that glowed in the dark eyes revealed the truth of the beast that lived inside him.
Styx on the other hand, didn’t even try to appear civilized.
A six foot five Aztec warrior, he was wearing a pair of leather pants, heavy shit-kickers, and a white silk shirt that was stretched to the limit to cover his broad chest. His long black hair was braided to hang down to his waist and threaded with tiny turquois amulets. And to complete the image he had a huge sword strapped to his back.
What was the point in being a badass if you couldn’t look like one?
Setting aside his empty glass, Salvatore flashed a dazzling white smile. A sure sign he was about to be annoying.
“Let me see if I have this right,” the wolf drawled.
He narrowed his dark eyes, his features that were too stark for true beauty tight with warning.
“Do you have to?”
“Oh, yes.” The smile widened. “You asked the clan chief of Nevada to babysit a witch you had locked in your dungeons?”
Styx silently swore to have a chat with his mate once their guests were gone.
He hadn’t intended Salvatore to know that one of his most powerful vampires had been magically forced into a mating.
Hell, he’d had a hard enough time divulging the info with Jagr, his most trusted warrior. It was only because he needed the vampire to do research that he’d revealed the secret.
A mating was the rarest, most sacred, most intimate connection a demon could experience.
To think for a second that it could be inflicted on a vampire against his will was nothing less than…rape.
You didn’t reveal that kind of weakness to your enemies. Even if you did have a peace treaty.
Darcy, however, was a genuine optimist who blithely assumed that Salvatore would never abuse privileged information.
Now Styx was struck revealing the truth to the mangy mutt.
“Sally Grace was not only a powerful witch who was capable of black magic, but she worshipped the Dark Lord,” he grudgingly explained, not about to admit that it had been more habit than fear that had led him to lock the female in his dungeons. Sally Grace was barely over five foot and weighed less than a hundred pounds. She hadn’t looked like a threat. And she probably wouldn’t have been if she hadn’t been so scared. “Of course I wasn’t going to take any chances.”
Styx shrugged. “I was busy trying to deal with ancient spirit that was trying to turn vampires into crazed killers.”
Naturally Santiago wasn’t satisfied.
“And?” he prodded.
“And the prophet had warned that Roke would be important to the future,” he muttered. He’d truly thought keeping Roke in his lair would protect him. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and vampires… “How the hell was I supposed to know Sally Grace was half-demon?”
Santiago grimaced. “It must have been quite a shock to poor Roke to discover himself mated to witch.”
Styx’s humorless laugh echoed through the library at the memory of Roke’s fury.
“Shock isn’t the word I’d used.”
“She’s lucky he didn’t kill her on the spot.”
Frustration simmered deep inside Styx. Roke might be an arrogant pain-in-the-ass, but he was a brother. And more importantly, he was a clan chief who had a duty to his people. They had to find a way to break the mating.
And how to make damned sure it never happened again.
“He might have killed her if the magic she used didn’t feel as real as a true mating.”
Salvatore’s amusement faded. “That bad?”
“Worse.” Styx surged to his feet. “Without her knowing who or what fathered her, the witch doesn’t even know how to reverse the damage.”
“You’re certain this isn’t some trick?”
“I’m not certain of anything beyond the need to find a way to break the mating.”
Santiago poured another shot of brandy. “Do you have a plan?”
Plan? Styx grimaced. The closest they’d had to a plan the past year had been to charge from one disaster to another.
Why would this be any different?
“Sally left almost three weeks ago to search for any clues that would reveal who her father might be,” he said.
“He’s trying to catch her.”
Santiago arched a brow. “You let him go alone?”
“Of course not.” A slow smile curved Styx’s lips. “I allowed Levet to go with him.”
Santiago choked on his brandy at the mention of the tiny gargoyle who’d attached himself to both Darcy and Harley. Like a freaking barnacle that couldn’t be scrapped off.
A three foot pest with delicate fairy wings in shades of blue and crimson and gold, Levet could drive a sane man to gargoyle-cide in three seconds flat.
“You are a bad, bad vampire,” Santiago murmured.
More about the series
New to the Guardians of Eternity series? Get started with book #1, When Darkness Comes…
It’s been a hell of a day for Abby Barlow. In just a few hours, she’s survived an explosion, watched her employer die, had a startling dream, and now she finds herself in a seedy Chicago hotel with the sexy, unearthly Dante, a man she both desires and fears. For 341 years, Dante has stood as guardian to The Chalice, a mortal woman chosen to hold back the darkness. A terrible twist of fate has now made Abby that woman. Three hours ago, Dante would have used all his charms to seduce her. Now she is his to protect. And he will do so until his very death. A terrifying plan has been set in motion, one that will plunge Dante and Abby into an epic battle between good and evil – and a desperate race to save their love…
Then check out these other notable volumes in the series…
|Embrace The Darkness
|Fear the Darkness
Then dive into the newest book in this sexy series…
THE SEARCH FOR A TRAITOR
As the demon world celebrates the defeat of the Dark Lord, the vampire Santiago’s mood remains bleak. He still yearns for the sensual, raven-haired Nefri, who has inexplicably disappeared. But brooding for Nefri is a luxury that Santiago does not have. His traitorous sire, Gaius, is unleashing a violent scourge upon the mortal world, and Santiago must stop him before it’s too late…
LEADS TO A DANGEROUS SEDUCTION
To her dismay, the all-powerful Oracles have sent Nefri on her own mission to find Gaius, and failure is not an option. Nefri’s search leads her to the vampire’s abandoned lair—and straight into Santiago’s path. It’s clear Santiago intends to seduce her, but then an ancient, banished evil reappears, threatening to thrust the world into a madness it cannot survive…
About the author
Alexandra Ivy is the New York Times bestselling author of the Guardians of Eternity series, the Immortal Rogues series and the Sentinels.
Alexandra graduated from Truman University with a degree in theatre before deciding she preferred to bring her characters to life on paper rather than stage. She currently lives in Missouri with her extraordinarily patient husband and teenage sons.
Alexandra is giving away the following prizes on her tour!
GRAND PRIZE: 1 – $50.00 Gift card to Amazon
RUNNERS-UP: 2 – winner will receive a $10.00 Gift card to Amazon or B&N (winners choice*)
*OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL READERS AS WELL. (International winner will get Amazon gift card)
To enter to win, leave a comment on this post for Alexandra then fill out the Rafflecopter below!
Follow the tour
- 5/27- The Jeep Diva (interview & review) – http://thejeepdiva.com/
- 5/27- Under the Covers (guest post) – http://www.underthecoversbookblog.com/
- 5/28- Books-n-Kisses (interview) – http://www.books-n-kisses.com/
- 5/28- Musings From An Addicted Reader (series spotlight) – http://musingsfromanaddictedreader.blogspot.com/
- 5/29- Cocktails and Books (interview) – http://www.cocktailsandbooks.com/
- 5/30- Books, Books & More Books (series spotlight and review) – http://booksbooksmorebooks.blogspot.com/
- 5/30- Mad Hatter Reads (guest post) – http://madhatterreads.blogspot.com/
- 5/30- Vampires, Werewolves & Fairies Oh My! (series spotlight) – http://vampireswerewolvesfairiesohmy.blogspot.com/
- 5/30- Scenes From A Chaotic Mind (series spotlight) – http://scenesfromachaoticmind.blogspot.com/
- 5/31- Book Lovin Mamas (guest post) – http://booklovinmamas.blogspot.com//
- 5/31- Bookin’ It Reviews (series spotlight) – http://www.bookinitreviews.com/
- 6/01- Book Lovers Hideaway (guest post) – http://booklovershideaway.blogspot.com/
- 6/01- Page Flipperz (series spotlight) – http://pageflipperz.blogspot.com/
- 6/02- Wicked Readings by Tawania (series spotlight) – http://www.wickedreadingsbytawania.blogspot.com/
- 6/02- Froggarita’s Bookcase (interview & series spotlight) – http://www.froggaritasbookcase.com/
- 6/03- The Reading Cafe (guest post, series spotlight & review) – http://thereadingcafe.com/
- 6/03- Redheaded Bookworm (series spotlight) – http://redheaded-bookworm.blogspot.com/
- 6/04- Paranormal Haven (guest post) – http://www.paranormalhaven.com/
- 6/04- Darker Passions (series spotlight) – http://darkerpassions.net/
- 6/05- Romance Junkies (interview) – http://www.romancejunkies.com/rjblog/
- 6/05- A Total Book Nerd (interview) – http://atotalbooknerd.com
- 6/06- Jocelyn Dex Blog (mini interview & book spotlight) – http://jocelyndex.blogspot.com/
- 6/06- All The Fun Starts After Dark (series spotlight & review) – http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
- 6/06- Urban Girl Reader (series spotlight) – http://urbangirlreader.com/
- 6/07- I Smell Sheep (guest post) – http://www.ismellsheep.com/
- 6/08- Book Monster Reviews (guest post) – http://www.bookmonsterreviews.com/
- 6/08- Literal Addiction (guest post) – http://www.literaladdiction.com/
- 6/08- United by Books (interview) – http://unitedbybooks.blogspot.com/
- 6/09- GraveTells (guest post) – http://gravetells.com/
- 6/09- Riverina Romantics (series spotlight) – http://riverinaromantics.blogspot.com/