Book Tour & Giveaway (US): Waterfall author Lacy Danes on creating your own mixed drinks
Please help me welcome author Lacy Danes!
Thank you so much for having me here today. I thought I would do a post on something fun and a passion on mine.
I love to create my own drinks.
Vodka drinks specifically.
One of my favorite and tips to the traditional vodka mixed drink is adding fresh herbs to the mix…
- In a martini shaker add sugar cubes. .(one to four depending on how sweet you want it) Please use cubes instead of loose sugar.
- Add your herb of choice to the sugar cubes. I have done, Basil, Rosemary, Mint, Sage, thyme.
- Take your muddler and smooch the herb into the sugar cube. This makes all the oil and flavor from the herb coat and soak into the sugar. You can also do this with other fruit, like raspberries, blueberries, etc.
- Add crushed or cubed ice to the mixture.
- Then either squeeze fresh or pour your favorite citrus juice over the ice…. One to Two shots worth. My favorite is lime juice, but lemon, grapefruit or orange(blood orange is awesome) are great too.
- Add two shots of Vodka.
- Put the cap on and shake hard…. Until our hands are VERY-VERY cold on the shaker.
- Pour into your glass and enjoy!
I also enjoy trying this method with kids candy or cucumbers/salt for en entirely different kind of drink. Just don’t mix them. Ick.
My favorite everyday vodka=Sky. My favorite special vodka=Vox.
Both are wonderful for mixed drinks and martinis.
PS. Try any marinated vegetable in place of the traditional olive in a standard martini. My favorites so far crispy green beans or gherkin pickles.
|It’s easy to fall in love. Destiny requires tooth and claw.
Curses are designed to be cruel, but the one afflicting Jordan and his brothers is almost beyond bearing. A dragon born by blood magic, he is an immortal trapped in human form, with only one hope of finding his eternal mate. He must bite her—and pray she lives.
One dark night, he senses the wounded heartbeat of a woman in the shadows, begging him to end her life. Ever the gentleman, he chivalrously obliges her wish. Only to discover three days later that she lives. And has married another.
Celeste always dreamed of marrying for love, but the nightmare of living in her father’s home drives her to wed the Duke of Hudson. Yet on her wedding eve, she is compelled to follow a mysterious man who professes to know her secret. A man with curious blue scales on his muscular arms—whose shadowed eyes reflect a dangerous mix of destiny and desire…
|Warning: This novel contains explicit sex, sex in water, four super-hot dragon brothers, and a curse born from magical power that has left them wondering who they are all their lives.
Read an excerpt
Note: If you are unable to see the excerpt widget above, try viewing this post in another (non-Internet Explorer) browser. Or, you can download the file here and read it on your local machine. Happy reading!
About the author
|Lacy Danes made a New Year’s resolution to write a hot, historical romance.
A year and a half later, she achieved her goal. She lives in Portland, Oregon, where besides writing she enjoys playing cards, chasing her kids around, and savoring a great martini with the man of her dreams all while watching the world go by.
Visit Lacy online at…
Lacy is giving away one Kindle Fire and one “Favorite Things Prize Pack”, filled with a few of her favorite things, each to one commenter tour-wide! To enter to win, leave a comment telling us what your favorite part of the excerpt was and what you’re most looking forward to in the book!
Note: If you are viewing this from our main Feed page, click the title of the post, then scroll to the bottom to view the Comments area. You must leave your comment there, not in the Rafflecopter widget, in order to qualify for the giveaway. Good luck!