Book Tour & Giveaway: Illicit Magic & witchcraft, wicked witchcraft
Please help me welcome author Camilla Chafer to GT today!
Five things that make my witches different…
I love how popular witches have become in urban fantasy/ paranormal fiction yet all our witches are so different. I thought it would be fun to talk today about what sets the witches of the Stella Mayweather series apart.
1. They are “the same but different” in that all my witches have different powers. So, when my witches come up against each other, they can never be certain of what skills the other possesses. Some can dematerialize and teleport wherever they like, while others are skilled at telekinesis, necromancy or spell craft, plus the potency of their power can be affected too.
2. Stella Mayweather is not a kickass heroine. She’s brave (even when scared), determined, loyal and very willing to learn… but you won’t find her taking down men twice her size or wielding a sword. Instead, she could be the girl next door… with a few extra magical attributes!
3. Who knows who the good guys or the bad guys are. My good guys do things that aren’t altogether altruistic and my bad guys might try to be your friend. They all have secrets, there are more than a few lies and manipulations, and the lines between good and evil can get blurred. Stella has to be careful whom she trusts.
4. Forget your traditional witch. There are no familiars, cauldrons, frog’s legs, eye of newt or rhyming incantations herein. Wizards, warlocks, witches (and they can call themselves any of these) wield a special kind of innate magic as though as it’s another sense. Though you might hear a spell cast, it’s more likely that something will just get done… magically.
5. The international setting. My English witch travels to the US and back again during the course of the series with action on both sides of the pond. You’ll meet quiet town warlocks and big city witches, and mysterious witch hunters that have the funds to charter jets.
Thanks for having Illicit Magic over today and I hope you enjoyed hearing a few things about Stella’s adventures and the things she comes up against!
Read an excerpt…
About the author…
Hi, I’m Camilla and I’m the author of the Stella Mayweather Series, an urban fantasy/mystery. The series starts with Illicit Magic and a lonely young woman, Stella, who has been caught up in a terrifying witch hunt and is whisked thousands of miles away to what she thinks is safety to learn her craft. The series is a blend of magic, mystery and romance with a splash of humour – and while the girls really do go all out to save themselves, there’s always a hunky guy or two on hand to help them out. The series continues with Unruly Magic and Devious Magic, both out now.
|I live in London, England, but I try to travel as often as I can – I’ve been all over the US and Europe. In my day job I’m a journalist and editor so I write for magazines, newspapers and websites throughout the world (my favourite assignment was spending a week riding rollercoasters – if you listen carefully you can probably still hear me screaming) but writing fiction has always been my first love.
Camilla is giving away one 3 ebook set of Illicit Magic, Unruly Magic, and Devious Magic to one commenter today! To enter, leave a comment answering the following question, then fill out the Rafflecopter! Easy peasy. =)
If you could be a witch, what ability or spell would you want/use the most?