September Contest: Subscribe, Comment, & Refer!
This September at GT, it’s all about the momentum, baby! Subscribe, comment, or refer a friend and win!
This contest has three ways to enter and three prizes you can win. Our ultimate goal is 100 subscribers by September 30th. Help us meet that goal and the top subscribers will qualify for a mystery prize drawing (it’s a pretty awesome prize, if I do say so myself!). Soooo how do you enter? Deets below!!
What am I playing for?
On the front page of this site, you may have noticed the little “GT Faves” widget that showcases our favorite series and steamy novels. In the spirit of sharing, we want to send some of our favorite series starter novels to you. Here are the three novels we’re giving away…
How do I enter?
There are three easy ways to enter…
- Comment on any post made during the month of September. We want you to feel free to comment on older posts, but only the current September ones count toward the contest! Post on multiple posts to enter multiple times. =)
- Subscribe to GraveTells via WordPress, our Feedburner RSS feed (via this link), or our Feedburner email link (here). We need to be able to verify your subscription, which is why the specified sbscription method. 😉
- Refer a friend that subscribes to GraveTells. This one is slightly more complicated. In order to be considered for this portion of the contest, you need to do the following things…
- – Be a current subscriber (WP/RSS/Email) to GT
- – Get a friend to sign up (must be a new subscription) as a new GT subscriber
- – Your friend must make a comment that states you as the referrer. They must provide the username or email address that matches your GT subscription so we can match you up. If you signed up via email and don’t want your email address posted publicly, have your friend contact us with your username/email.
If #3 above is too complicated for you, then just concentrate on the first two. *wink*
How are winners chosen?
- The subscriber who has referred the largest number of new subscribers (see #3 above) on November 1st will get first pick of the three available books.
- A random subscriber will be drawn on November 1. You’ll get second pick of the remaining books.
- A random commenter will be drawn on November 1. You’ll get the remaining book.
- If we reach 100 subscribers by September 30, I’ll have an awesome mystery prize for a randomly drawn top-10 referrer.
What are the rules?
- You can participate in all three, or any combination of, contests! You won’t be able to win more than one, but it doesn’t hurt your chances to try for all three!
- Only comments that add some kind of value to the site will be considered as entries. No “Hi” or “First!” or gibberish posts will count. We want you to become involved in the community, so make your comment count and say something constructive about the post or blog!
- Only one comment per post will count as an entry. This is so people don’t spam posts with multiple comments that could have otherwise been summed up in just one. Despite that, feel free to converse and get to know us and each other!
- You CAN enter multiple times by commenting on multiple posts! Feel free to comment on any and every post we publish in September, as long as it’s a real comment. =)
- If you win, you must respond to the prize email within 3 days of when we send it. If a winner does not respond in that time, another from the same category will be drawn (or in the case of the refer-a-friend contest, the next top subscriber).
When do we find out who won?
Unless unforeseen-bad-stuff happens (I’m really trying not to tempt fate with that one!), we’ll announce the winners on October 1, so that leaves until October 4 for the winners to get back to us! We’ll mail the books to you that week.
We’ll also try to give you weekly updates on who’s in the lead for referrals and what our subscriber numbers are looking like.
Contests are cool.
Also, here’s my book/series recommendation (that I mentioned earlier): Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey, which kicks off the Kushiel’s Legacy series. It’s kind of amazing, definitely paranormal, and full of delicious and kinky sexy.
According to the wikipedia page, “the Kushiel’s Legacy series takes place in a medieval world that is modeled on Earth (the map at the beginning of the novels is a map of Earth, with creatively historically named countries). The main characters are from Terre d’Ange, which occupies the area of France.
Terre d’Ange was founded by Elua and His Companions and is thereby a nation of progeny of fallen angels.”
So everyone is part angelic, just as a rule, and the main character, Phedre, “is an anguissette, Kushiel’s Chosen, who will always find “pleasure in pain”.”
Like I said, kinky. And there’s the political intrigue, so much political intrigue. Phedre is ultimately like a spy, in a way, and the actual story, minus the deliciously kinky sex, is very well done. Oh, and there’s a love story. OF COURSE.
So review it. Now. Got it? <3
Thank you ma’am, for the reading suggestions! I will put them on my list! 🙂
Woot! Gotta love new reads! I just finished Touch the Dark and Claimed by the Shadow! Love the books. Took me a bit to get into the first one, but then it took off for me.
Yeah Cassie Palmer starts out a lil slow but man does it pick up! I’m addicted. 🙂 we even have a group on FB dedicated to Pritkin. The Captain has nicknamed him DSWM (Dirty Sexy War Mage). Love it!
Okay, I am starting Dark Lover (BDB) tonight! Booyah! Gonna be out of commission reading all weekend 😀
Ooo let me know how you like it! Keep in mind that the first book of BDB is one of the least favorite (I like it better than only Phury’s and Payne’s), so if you don’t love it after reading it, read #2 (Rhage’s book). If you don’t love THAT, then maybe its not for you… 😉 It’s pretty hard not to love Hollywood. =P
I finished it this morning and can say that I quite liked it. It was not what I thought it would be, so I was greatly surprised at how the story went. I think this will be one of my favorite series!
Finished Lover Eternal and LOVED IT! Made me cry :O
Starting Lover Awakened!
Have to agree with you kitty love this series esp. Zsadist’s book. I like all the males but he is still my favorite and if you havent read the short story of Zsadist and Bella… in THE BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD: AN INSIDER’S GUIDE you have to. also dont know if you guys are into it but on her webiste at the moment is doing a virtual signing of dark lover what ever that is http://www.jrward.com/bdb/
I just want another book
Awesome! I’m glad you liked it. Zsadist is gonna break your heart. This series is addictive, addictive, addictive!
I am on book 4! Cried my eyes out in two of the books!
Welcome to BDB Addition-land! It’s nice here, all decked out in chains and leather. I could use a better music selection though, true?
I’m a nubby and just realized that I said I’d announce the winners on NOVEMBER 1st! That should be OCTOBER 1st!
Fixed! Sorry about that. 😉
Did you announce the winners of the contest yet? 🙂
I’ve just finished the random drawing. We only have two winners, as no one fulfilled the requirements for the refer-a-friend one. The winners have been notified and have until October 5th EOD to get back to me with which book they want. I’m a tad late getting this announcement out, so thanks for the reminder, Lisa! <3
As soon as our winners have responded and chosen their books, I’ll post the winner announcement!