Book Tour & Giveaway (US/Can/UK/Aus): Deborah Cooke’s Ten Reasons Every Woman Needs a Hot Dragon Shifter
Please help me welcome the lovely Deborah Cooke!
EMBER’S KISS is book #8 in my Dragonfire series of paranormal romances. The heroes of these books are all dragon shape shifters – members of the Pyr, they are pledged to defend the four elements and guard the Earth and its treasures. They’re currently locked in a battle against dragon shifters gone bad – the Slayers are intent upon claiming the Earth and eradicating humans. Each and every one of the Pyr is a hot hero, but just in case you’re not sure you want one of your own, here are ten reasons that might change your mind.
1. Dragons are good at solving riddles. A Pyr has a better chance than most men of understanding women.
2. Dragons are loyal. He’ll have your back, every time. You’ll never be a damsel in distress again.
3. Dragons are gorgeous. The Pyr have scales the color of gems in dragon form and are hunky guys in human form. That’s great eye candy no matter which version of him is around.
4. Dragons are hot and passionate. These are men who have the stamina to go all weekend long – and come back for more. You’ll never get the cold shoulder again.
5. The Pyr have keen senses – they can hear trouble coming, smell change and see right to your secret heart. See Number 1.
6. Each Pyr experiences a firestorm when he meets his destined mate – literally, sparks fly between the two of them. Even better, the firestorm is forever. These guys are not afraid of commitment with the right woman.
7. In dragon form, the Pyr can breathe fire. This is convenient if you have sudden cravings for roasted marshmallows or if your steak is served a bit too rare in a restaurant.
8. Dragons kick major butt. This is particularly handy to mates, since being the mate of a Pyr often means being targeted by Slayers bent on human destruction. When a dragon thinks you look like lunch, fighting fire with fire is the way to go.
9. While not immortal, the Pyr do live a long time. Each Pyr ages slowly until he has his firestorm, then his body clock matches that of his mate. In most situations, the dragon survives his mate then surrenders to his grief. This means that you’ll never be alone and he’ll never be with anyone else. (Some of us are possessive enough to go for that.)
10. Each Pyr is often several hundred years old by the time he meets his mate. In addition, dragons tend to be great collectors of riches. Those years give him lots of time to build his hoard, stocking it with gems, gold and bonds. You’ll live like a princess for the duration.
Do you need any more reasons to want a dragon shifter of your own? Or do you have additional reasons? Have I missed any advantages of having a Pyr lover?
About the author
Deborah Cooke has always been fascinated with dragons, although she has never understood why they have to be the bad guys. She has an honours degree in history, with a focus on medieval studies. She is an avid reader of medieval vernacular literature, fairy tales and fantasy novels, and has written over forty romance novels and novellas. She has also been published under the names Claire Cross andClaire Delacroix.
|Deborah makes her home in Canada with her husband. When she isn’t writing, she can be found knitting, sewing or hunting for vintage patterns.
Connect with Deborah:
Deborah is giving away one autographed copy of Ember’s Kiss to a lucky commenter on today’s post! To win, leave a comment telling how you’d enjoy a dragon shifter of your own *waggles eyebrows*.
Note: This giveaway is only open to readers with US, Canadian, UK, or Australian mailing addresses. If you are viewing this from our main Feed page, click the title of the post, then scroll to the bottom to view the Comments area. You must leave your comment there, not in the Rafflecopter widget, in order to qualify for the giveaway. Good luck!
In addition to the autographed copy of Ember’s Kiss you can win on the GraveTells stop, Deborah is also giving away a Grand Prize of an autographed set of the DRAGONFIRE series, (that’s all 8 Dragonfire novels) over on her blog. To enter, click here!
Note: Only readers with shipping addresses in the US and Canada are eligible for the Grand Prize giveaway.
Check out the other stops on the Ember’s Kiss tour!
Tour runs from September 24 – October 10
- 9/24 – RCJReZine Blog – http://rcjrezineblog.blogspot.com/
- 9/25 – Vampires, Werewolves & Fairies Oh My – http://vampireswerewolvesfairiesohmy.blogspot.com/
- 9/26 – Books-n-Kisses – http://www.books-n-kisses.com/
- The Reading Café – – http://thereadingcafe.com/
- 9/27 – All The Fun Starts After Dark – http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
- 9/28 – Riverina Romantics – http://riverinaromantics.blogspot.com/
- 9/29 – Reading Between The Wines – http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/
- 9/30 – Book Lovin’ Mamas – http://booklovinmamas.blogspot.com//
- 10/1 – My Keeper Shelf – http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com/
- 10/2 – United By Books (Interview) – http://unitedbybooks.blogspot.com/
- 10/3 – Under The Covers (Interview) – http://underthecoversbookblog.blogspot.ca
- 10/4 – Book Monster / Literal Addiction –
- Book Monster – http://bookmonsterreviews.blogspot.com/
- Literal Addiction – http://www.literaladdiction.com/
- 10/5 – The Book Nympho – http://thebooknympho.blogspot.com/
- 10/6 – Book Reader Addicts – http://bookreaderaddictsgiveaways.blogspot.com/
- 10/7 – Cocktails & Books – http://www.cocktailsandbooks.com/
- 10/8 – Paranormal Haven – – http://www.paranormalhaven.com/
- 10/9 – Grave Tells – http://gravetells.com/
- 10/10 – I Smell Sheep – http://www.ismellsheep.com/